Friday, June 8, 2012

Black Light

The other day I was at the bowling alley and they had all of their lights off and just black lights going. I pulled out my drivers license to get a drink and noticed that on my California drivers license an image of me appeared off to the side of my actual picture. There is a hidden image that only shows up under black light. What confused me was as to how they could create an image like that. If we see things based on light and color then how can an image show up when a certain color hits it? It was a little weird but also super cool at the same time. However I am still confused.

1 comment:

  1. Well black light is ultraviolet, and the invisible UV illuminates fluorescence and makes it visible. Actually, it's the phosphors responding to the radiation. Something like that. So that additional image probably is a fluorescent printing.

    What I typed doesn't really make sense, so just know that black light is something cool.

    ReplyDelete